The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shade Baby, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,340
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1103576 05/19/2015 3:14 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
what do people think of the

(1947-54) Classic Wiring Update Kit
from Classic Parts
Part # : 52-081
Year : 47-54

looking for simple and easy, not necessarily original.
using 12V ,with HEI ...


just-a-hacker


'49 3100 before '99
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
YOUR OPINION OF THIS PRODUCT ??


just-a-hacker


'49 3100 before '99
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
Opinion ahead. Stock harness, 150.00. Added circuits, 450.00 and up. Stock harness in cloth, 450.00. All work. All seem made well. What are you planning to use it for? Only "opinion" that matters, yours. Good Vendors are good vendors. Some "stock" harness will need extras if you converted to 12 Volt. "Hot Rod" custom harness will have stuff you don't need. Use a good vendor. All other "opinions" won't matter much. I have not heard much in the way of bad reviews about wire quality. Some issues with fit and connectors. Most are from honest mistakes made by the purchaser. Good vendor will help, if needed. So, use a good vendor and know what you want. End of opinion.


Steve H
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
That kit is made by American Autowire, one of the best. I have one from them in my 1956 and it was easy to install and they have GREAT tech support.

All of their wires are marked about every 10" with there location name spelled out like Left Front Turn, Tach, Hi-Beam etc.

Each wire on the harness will need to be custom cut to length and have a terminal end crimped on. The kit will come with OEM "F" type terminals so you'll need a high quality crimper to give you professional results. I got my crimper from Dell City and it was about $40 delivered, check it out here.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Open-Barrel-Terminal-Ratchet-Crimp-Tool/p_714008

I would use them again.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 385
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 385
I have a American Auto Wire one also.

http://www.americanautowire.com/view-product/power-plus-20-wiring-system/

Love the kit. Easy to install.

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 385
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 385
If i may suggest one thing. Buy and install the high power headlight relay kit. I had my light running off the light switch then switched to the high power relay kit and they are brighter and you are then ready for aftermarket lights if you ever go that way.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Good suggestion Wolfcub!

I ended up putting an Ididit steering column in my truck and I wanted the dimmer switch on the end of the turn signal lever. Ididit sold me a headlight controller to work with their column and it turns out to be a product from American Autowire. So just be accident I ended up with a headlight relay/control module which takes the load off of the original headlight switch.

Again, I'm verry happy with their kit, even though it's pricey I'd buy one again.

Mike B


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
I have used the ez wiring harness on all of my cars and those odd my clients not expensive uses modern mini fuses and the box has plenty of accessories if you need them.the fuse box is nice and small. Best bang for your bucks.

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 93
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 93
EZ in my 47 GMC. Worked well and was only $180-


1947 GMC Truck 5 window, Long Bed
2008 Corvette Roadster
2008 Harley Davidson FXDL
2011 F150 Ecoboost 4X4
2015 Subaru Outback AWD
"only the strong survive"
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
I just purchased a 12 circuit harness from hot rod wires. Slightly more expensive than the EZ but the customer service is unbeatable. Will be installing it this weekend.


1955 GMC 100 Series 2
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
Thanks,
I think I want the easiest to install, 12Volt, with noting fancy
unfortunately,I may not be thinking far enough ahead,but hopefully this harness will include everything I will nedd


just-a-hacker


'49 3100 before '99
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
I thought the description said they were cut to length ??


just-a-hacker


'49 3100 before '99
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
I build my own. About $100 or less depending on modern wire of vintage wire look.


Baking in the nice desert sun, breathing life back into a 48 3800 5 window.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
also looking at LMC

12 volt


just-a-hacker


'49 3100 before '99
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
I finished installing my harness from Hot Rod Wires this weekend. Cranked her up last night. I couldn't be happier with the harness, instructions and customer service. Feels like a new truck.


1955 GMC 100 Series 2

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0