The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wally / Montana, Guitplayer, Jon G), 126 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
Hello All,

I am in the process of restoring my cluster. The plastic is foggy and has very superficial scratches. I was thinking that since it is plastic the headlight restoration paste should fix it. Has anyone had any success with this? Any Suggestions?

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 86
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 86
I have experienced very good results with Meguiar's #17, professional plastic cleaner, followed by #10 professional plastic polish.

Lately, I've been using their PlastX, which cleans and polishes. It's the same stuff they sell with their headlight restoration kits. I've used it on gauges for one of my cars. I think it would work well on your gauge cluster plastic.

Bob


1959 Chevy Apache Short Bed Step Side
1967 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
Thanks Bob,

I am going to give it a shot, will get back with the results.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
WOW!! What a difference check out the before and after.

Before:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/59apache/IMG_5052_zpsmzcwaiyh.jpg

After:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/59apache/IMG_5056_zpsrobp2muq.jpg

I used the Meguiars G3000 plastx is part of the kit. I couldnt get over how clear it came out.

Thanks Bob!

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 86
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 86
Great. You're welcome!


1959 Chevy Apache Short Bed Step Side
1967 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0