| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Flint48, Red75bronco, 78buckshot, Leo, wvstovebolt, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
88
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,697 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 | I'm nearly complete with a restoration on my grandfathers and fathers 54 truck. The 3800 hood emblems are hard to come by. does anyone have any leads on where I may get a set? They are the larger version where the 3800 sits on top of a chrome strip about 8 inches long. I'm brand new to the stovebolt site. If you can offer any leads, please send me a note at [email protected] Thanks | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 | Well, all I'm going to say is, "Good Luck." I sold a 3800 last year that actually still had them, but that's far and few between. Occassionally, you'll see them on EBay, but not often. The problem is that there wasn't very many made to begin with. Then they went and changed it again in 55. There are companies out there that can make them, but it's very expensive. I don't have a picture of the 3800, but here's my 3600, if it helps http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/w...mp;_suid=1428464693842046313731865868396 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 | I'm learning that they are kind of rare and not easy to find. You mentioned companies that make them? Can you give me contact info for them. At this point in my whole project, "expensive"is a relative term! Your 3600 photo is the style I'm looking for and it looks like yours was/is the same green color as the one I have. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | As you probably know, that style side-emblem was used in 1953 and 1954.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 | I had heard that previously. Any idea where I might find a set? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Look (set a Watch) on eBay, or post a Parts Wanted ad in the Swap Meet.
Be patient.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 45 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 45 | Hi HJH, You could try Steve Almeter at 1-585-314-7907. He found me a set of running boards for my 51 5 window 3804. I hope he can help. Good luck! Gerry Lee
Last edited by 51 3804; 04/09/2015 11:00 PM.
| | | | | | Neverdone Unregistered | | Neverdone Unregistered | This is a tall order .. about 5 years ago I found a almost perfect SET on Ebay ... paid out the wazoo for them but knew they were very hard to find .I have not seen another set offered since then . I may have my old pitted set around here somewhere though Dan | | |
| |
| |