| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 28 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 28 | Hello, I saw on Rob's OldGMCTrucks.com the paint chip sheet from Ditzler for the paint colors. Click Here for the Paint Chips The very bottom and right corner is a "DQE-10049 Ferrara Blue" if I am making it out correctly. Does anyone know more about this color? Does anyone have a paint chip I could have/buy? Thats the color I want, and Im trying to figure out how to get it into liquid form! Also, as you probably know PPG? Bought out Ditzler. I tried to take the code to the local paint shop, no go? Ideas? Thanks, Dallas
Broccoli is for chopping, classic trucks are for restoring!
-51 102 22 C GMC
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 28 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 28 | With the huge amount of feedback I received on my post here :-(, I was able to find what I was looking for.
(It was actually Kook's emails that helped me)
FYI, for those interested.
With all paints GM had, you can call DuPont.
Their number is 866-861-4569
They can find pretty much find any gm color. The color I was looking for is actually a '39 GM Color, so they said.
They cross referenced it with a Spectramaster code, which pretty much EVERY local paint shop carries.
My Spectramaster code for Ferrara Blue is BS456.
50 bucks for a quart of base, not bad.
Just an update, and good info for those that need it. . .
-thanks Rob
Dallas
Broccoli is for chopping, classic trucks are for restoring!
-51 102 22 C GMC
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | Thanks Rob, and Cook, don't help on the sly. There are many others that might want that same information. Also, the more times it ends up in the archives the easier it will be to find for the next person.
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | |
| |
| |