| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,357 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 | For years I have had an old hand-me-down set of oxy/acetylene torches.They leak sometimes and are basically junk. I don't use them very often but since I started restoring my 51 chevy pu I find I need torches more often.I need to buy a new set. I noticed a Hobart medium duty set that is reasonably priced. Are these ok for occasional use?I will use them for heating/bending metal,fastener removal,and brazing.thanks---Jack | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | Hobart is owned by the same parent company as Miller. When they were first acquired, I think it was just as good as Miller. I have a 15 year old Hobart wire welder and parts interchange with Miller. But I think they are drifting more into competing with price. Their torches are made in China and claim to be Victor compatible. That sounds like a Chinese knock off to me. Might be the same thing that HF sells with a different name. | | |
| |
| |