| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 132 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2010 Posts: 132 | 1948 1/2 ton 3100. If I remove the doors and hood and fenders, how many people will it take to lift the cab off the frame, and put it on a trailer? and the bed, too. Will I need a shop crane lift? or just some burly dudes? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | 4 people should find it easy to lift/move either cab or bed .... yer burly friends will do fine, especially with the promise of a few beers after
Bill | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | One easy ways is to lift it just enough to slide some 2 bys under it then just slide it off to one side. With a shop crane, I've lifted them by myself.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 132 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2010 Posts: 132 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 Gas Pumper | | Gas Pumper Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 | When I need to move my cab on the cart to a different position, I just call my two 30 year old nephews and they do it for me. A stripped cab mind you.. about 300 pounds or less. I have an electric winch hanging on the ceiling and would use it, but its an excuse to see the kids! | | |
| |
| |