The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Shaffer's1950, Southerntruck, Gdads51, John Dlugos, FAST55, TexasJim50, F100Ranger), 154 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,378
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
Hello All,

Would someone help out with fleetside bed interchange info? I found bed sides for a 1958 fleetside long bed. I know they sell replacement 58/59 tailgates and end plates however they don't sell anything else marked 58 or 59.

I need support brackets, bed strips and wheel tubs. Would I be able to interchange these parts from 60-66 fleetside beds? If I understand correctly the only difference between 58/59 and 60-66 is the shape of side panels. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Thanks in advance!


Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
OK so it seems everything is re-manufactured for 58/59 fleetside beds with the exception of the wheel tubs and the fender sides. I guess my question here about the wheel tubs still remains.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Have you poked around the Mar-K site. They do have a compatibility document found in the installation info page that may shed light on your question. I used the reference previously. I know they talk to the sides and strips, not sure of the tubes.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
Thanks Hambone I'll check it out!

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
Tubs for 60-66 and 58-9 will interchange, but are not the same. Bed strip attachment pattern is different for these two series. If you are building a 59 you might be able to use 60-66 tubs if you don't mind changing the bed wood/strips to conform to the tubs pattern. There is nothing on the 60-66 bed that will directly interchange to the 58-9 bed without modification (edit) except tailgate and chains.

Mar-Ktech

Last edited by Mar-Ktech; 02/14/2015 2:46 PM.
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
Thanks Mark_ktech. I think I can get away with the 58/59 replacement tub flanges you guys sell.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0