Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,618 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Y'all,
Great time, about seven and a half hours to home last night. We wanted for nothing as Joe is a great host that provided a great work environment, excellent local 'Philly Cheese Steaks', a home-made meal for our supper provided by a good friend, warm place to set up our racks, breakfast for our trip home.
Joe has a great group of friends who (I think) were a bit bewildered with the knowledge that the truck was driven by Joe into the garage and carried out in pieces.
I actually took two pictures which is 200% more than I usually take. I think y'all will enjoy the two shots, later today I'll do the download.
Looking forward to George's Junkyard Crawl. Warning: Those of you new to this event; you must carry a valid West Virginia Passport available at a border checkpoint in Fulks Run, VA (so, no worries there folks if you don't have yours already).
Regards,
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 | Looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks for posting the photos.
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 Stovebolt Photo Moderator | | Stovebolt Photo Moderator Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 | Gentlemen,
I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all that came out of Saturday. Saturday night, I put my head on that cot and thought to myself I could have NEVER done half of that work myself in a year. I couldn't fetch wrenches fast enough and thank goodness you guys found the baggies and marked the bags. And boy was it cold out there. I can't wait for the video to come out.
Gentlemen - All I could say is THANK YOU !!!!!!!!
PS: Billy - I have your steering wheel puller. 1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"Link to a few photosIn this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Joe, thank YOU! It was an honor to be part of such a special project. I am sure you are feeling a little overwhelmed after all that happened, how fast it happened and what we left you with. Just remember, we are here for you! Cant wait to see the progress you make and the story you tell along the way. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 |
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 1,002 | Sounds and looks like I missed out on a bunch of fun.....again.
Thanks for all the pics to show that I missed out on a bunch of fun....again!
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Yes, you missed out on a good time... The Winter Classic is only 3 weeks away and then there's Homecoming in April...maybe you can make one of them! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | I figure Joe is still crying over his springs cause he has been awful quiet about the teardown. And I know he took some pictures which he have not reviewed for accuracy and authenticity. I suspect he is curled in fetal position IVO (In Vicinity Of) brake master cylinder running through his multiplication tables with drool cup nearby.
Last edited by Cosmo; 02/06/2015 1:09 AM. Reason: IVO def. help
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Joe,
Still glowing from that kick-[censored] job we all did on the teardown...I for one will be ready to hang clean sheet metal and get her on a rolling chassis again here in a few weeks.
Just kidding?!
PS
Frame to powder coaters yet?
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | I want to be invited to the engine and cab re-install 1 yr from now. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | A year??? I was thinking a mid summer ODSS Gabfest at Joe's for cab and engine reset. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | Amtrakjoe, Suggest you replace rocker panels on cab, which I have an extra LMC passenger side new one that you are welcome to have. V/r, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 Stovebolt Photo Moderator | | Stovebolt Photo Moderator Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 | Doug, Your not kidding. I'm overwhelmed with work but underwhelemd with self-talent. That being said I think I lined up a sandblast company and definitely someone to work on my cab.
Nick - I will definitely take you up on that rocker panel.......
Joe 1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"Link to a few photosIn this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 | Trailer is on standby for the transportation of said frame!👍 | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 | Nick/Joe -- Forget the rocker panels! That cab is fine. Just a little duct tape and bondo and Bob's your uncle.
Hey, it worked for Hambone ...
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Nick/Joe -- Forget the rocker panels! That cab is fine. Just a little duct tape and bondo and Bob's your uncle.
Hey, it worked for Hambone ... Bob's your uncle1.(UK, Canada, idiomatic) "No problem", "the solution is simple", "there you have it", you have what you want, all will be well; indicates a desirable conclusion has been reached.  "Insert the plug, press the switch, and Bob's your uncle. You want to go to the stadium? Go straight on until you reach the park, take the first left and Bob's your uncle!"
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 414 | Cosmo thanks for the definition; John that is funny. Ever consider quiting your day job to become professional comic? Belly laughs are healthy - keep em rolling! Joe, I will PM my address for you to send $ for me to ship rocker panel to your home unless you are making other arrangements to fetch it? V/r, Nick | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | "Bob's my uncle" - he makes duct tape. Bob is a good duct tape maker. I can vouch for the multitude of uses and the strength. | | |
| |