| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 22 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 22 | Any idea where I can get the sheet metal part that covers the hinge inside the cowl panel where the lower door hinge goes? Mine are gone and want to replace it. Probably just fab one but anybody know if they make one? Thanks for the help. excellent site for information | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Not sure if this is what your refering to ...link... Or ...link... Or ...link... Most vendors carry those parts Shop around for best price | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 324 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 324 | Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but a while back I couldn't find the sheet metal plate that covers the hinge after installation,so I made an easy template and produced my own with very good results. Check out my submitted Tech tip on this subject. Hope this helps. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 22 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 22 | DADS50,I am looking for the formed sheet metal plate that is on the captive nuts side of the door hinge area. thanks... | | | | | Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 22 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 22 | vickraft where would I find that Tech Tip? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | ...?click?... have not seen that piece reproduced maybe someone else has? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 324 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 324 | Sorry rock331 I was mistaken, I thought you had been talking about the little tin plate that fits over the hinge to hide the heavy steel strap. If you got real lucky, someone may know of a partially rusted cab that has that area in tact and repairable. When I was building mine I found an old truck that had been abandoned in the woods at the back of an old farm. Like you I could never find an aftermarket stamped out repair pcs. Sorry I couldn't help. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Woody Vondracek, there's a name that I haven't heard for a while. What a shame that we lost him. Woody started his project and joined up right around the same time I did. He sure earned my respect over the years as to his restoration ability. I've never meet a guy that would tackle as big of a project as he did and do as fine a job. Really to bad he never got to finish it up when he was so close to the end. I miss the discussions we had and the wonderful way he documented his work and shared it with the group. He's the one who got me started with the photo documentation in the 'pbase' album.
That hinge pocket would be an easy one to fabricate if you couldn't find a donor. Easy bends made in a vice and nuts tacked to the back side.
dg
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |
| |