The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1077192 01/04/2015 6:33 AM
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 39
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 39
Hi love this site. Have a 49 panel truck plan to turn it into a 5 window P/U.
I have worked on many chevy engines tncluding I6s of all years from Babbitt beaters to 292s. No pictures of the 49 yet but will post as soon as I figure out how.


Tim White

49 Chevy panel
91 Jeep YJ
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 72
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 72
Welcome! The chevy 6 rocks. Building one for performance myself. Lotta fun stuff. TJ



1964 C20 LWB 292 6 cyl/sm420 parts truck.
1966 C10 SWB 292 hotrod 6/TKO600 tremec 5 speed.
1964 GMC 1500 LWB 305E V6/ SM420 "Crustine"
1977 C20 LWB 496/turbo400(soon to be 572)
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hdwhPFzfzpcUXyK_5-uiw
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome. Not sure how you would turn a panel into a pickup unless you take the whole body off and replace it. I'm a big fan of the sixes too, built to last. Have fun with it.

Leo

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
There is an episode of 'Bitchin Rides' that did this exact conversion.
To post photos you need to put them on a host site like Photobucket. Then you can use the insert link to post them.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
rsqwhite, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. Sound like you know the old engines pretty good and you'll be an asset here. Lots of knowledge and great folks.
Interesting as you turn a panel into a pickup. Be sure to post up pics when you can..... and start you a build thread in the DIY Forum and add to as you go along. Lots of us love to follow the "action". Good luck, see you around the Forums.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 39
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 39
Thanks for the welcome every body. I recorded that episode of Bitchin rides, that's an awesome truck. Probably too fancy for me seems to loose all its flavor or something . My 49 panel has a visor think I might keep it. What do you think about bagging it and using steelies and wide whites V8 3 deuces cut outs stock bench seat MII front 4 link rear maby ac.
I haven't ruled anything out. Color selection is where I'll have my biggest dilemma. Any and all comments ideas likes dislikes will all be appreciated. I' plan to document this build so I will learn to post pictures links and all that stuff.
Tim


Tim White

49 Chevy panel
91 Jeep YJ

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0