| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (51sub),
128
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | Earlier I posted about fixing my door bottom. Then Truckernix posted about Duramix glue. Is the duramix glue fix good enough to put a replacement bottom on the door? Or is that a piece that needs to be welded on?
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 11 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 11 | I hung bedside panels with Duramix on my 63. I am very pleased and would do it again.
Feb 2003 Classic Truck Mag has a how to article you could check out...pg 38
my opinion? If it is a "patch panel", I'd do it. At this point I still weld anything to do with structure. A door bottom should work slick.
my .02
63 K10 Fleet 454
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 244 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 244 | Can somebody copy the article from Classic Truck Mag and post it? Sounds like it might be worthwhile. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | What are you guys using to make a flange ? Can you make a curved flange ? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | the doors on my latest truck have skin patches of about 8- 10 inches at the bottom that were glued on and they worked and look great. think I'd always use it anywhere there were factory pinch welds in need of patchin - eliminates the voids that fill up w/ damp crud and then rot.
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 91 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 91 | trukernix
when I replaced my rear bottom corners I cut and fitted the replacement corners like I would do a butt weld and than I took a 2" metal strip and shaped it to the curve of the cab. I glued this strip on the inside of the cab and let the strip overlap by 1" this 1" gave enough surface area for the replacement corner. I did the same thing on the vertical section and the front section it self glued to the door frame. I have a few pictures on my web site. check them out. I would use Duramix an the door panel. Duramix does not recomand the use on structual pieces. Duramix has different systems for different jobs. some fast curing and some slow curing. I figures since I am a novice I use the slow curing If some body can't find Duramix, I understand 3M has also a glue system . | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 164 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 164 | In fact 3-M just bought Dura-Mix.... And the big just keep getting bigger | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 50 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 50 | Where did you guys buy Dura-Mix? It sounds like something that can fit on my garage shelf.
'52 Chevy 5 window, it ran when I parked it '53 Chevy 5 window, running the streets with me. '55 Massey-Ferguson, tearing up the dirt '89 Harley FXSTS, suicide clutch '92 Harley FLSTC, equal time with the '89
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 91 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 91 | Ackland Granger stocks the whole line. Ask for a application chart. It will show all different systems. You need a dispensing gun, which looks like a double barrel calking gun. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 59 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 59 | Lots of places on the net sell Duramix. Just type Duramix in Google and take your pick. Also check out the Duramix web site for good info on the various products. 72 Sierra Grande - Maych Forget about "do it right the first time". Do it wrong the first time to learn how, then do it right the second time.
| | |
| |
| |