The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#107706 12/10/2002 7:00 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
Earlier I posted about fixing my door bottom. Then Truckernix posted about Duramix glue. Is the duramix glue fix good enough to put a replacement bottom on the door? Or is that a piece that needs to be welded on?


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
#107707 12/10/2002 9:40 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 11
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 11
I hung bedside panels with Duramix on my 63. I am very pleased and would do it again.

Feb 2003 Classic Truck Mag has a how to article you could check out...pg 38

my opinion? If it is a "patch panel", I'd do it. At this point I still weld anything to do with structure. A door bottom should work slick.

my .02


63 K10 Fleet 454
#107708 12/11/2002 12:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 244
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 244
Can somebody copy the article from Classic Truck Mag and post it? Sounds like it might be worthwhile.

#107709 12/11/2002 2:03 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
What are you guys using to make a flange ? Can you make a curved flange ?


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#107710 12/11/2002 5:53 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
the doors on my latest truck have skin patches of about 8- 10 inches at the bottom that were glued on and they worked and look great. think I'd always use it anywhere there were factory pinch welds in need of patchin - eliminates the voids that fill up w/ damp crud and then rot.

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
#107711 12/11/2002 3:02 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 91
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 91
trukernix

when I replaced my rear bottom corners I cut and fitted the replacement corners like I would do a butt weld and than I took a 2" metal strip and shaped it
to the curve of the cab. I glued this strip on the inside of the cab and let the strip overlap by 1"
this 1" gave enough surface area for the replacement corner.
I did the same thing on the vertical section and the front section it self glued to the door frame.
I have a few pictures on my web site. check them out.
I would use Duramix an the door panel. Duramix does not recomand the use on structual pieces.
Duramix has different systems for different jobs. some fast curing and some slow curing.
I figures since I am a novice I use the slow curing
If some body can't find Duramix, I understand 3M has also a glue system .


Fritz Peyerl
Turner valley, Alberta
http://www.badmileage.com
#107712 12/11/2002 5:04 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
In fact 3-M just bought Dura-Mix....
And the big just keep getting bigger

#107713 12/11/2002 5:16 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 50
R
rat Offline
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 50
Where did you guys buy Dura-Mix? It sounds like something that can fit on my garage shelf.


'52 Chevy 5 window, it ran when I parked it
'53 Chevy 5 window, running the streets with me.
'55 Massey-Ferguson, tearing up the dirt
'89 Harley FXSTS, suicide clutch
'92 Harley FLSTC, equal time with the '89
#107714 12/12/2002 3:08 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 91
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 91
Ackland Granger stocks the whole line.
Ask for a application chart. It will show all different systems.
You need a dispensing gun, which looks like a double barrel calking gun.


Fritz Peyerl
Turner valley, Alberta
http://www.badmileage.com
#107715 12/12/2002 5:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 59
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 59
Lots of places on the net sell Duramix. Just type Duramix in Google and take your pick. Also check out the Duramix web site for good info on the various products.


72 Sierra Grande - Maych

Forget about "do it right the first time". Do it wrong the first time to learn how, then do it right the second time.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0