| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE),
132
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 75 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 75 | I wont bore you with why I dont have all my screws lol.. duz anyone know if all 6 screws are the same size? I have one, and tried to match it up at Ace HWD they have one a tad shorter and one size a tad longer. I got the longer one and I can see it is too long because it will hit the regulator arm. I looked in a LMC truck magazine and could not find them . I would really appreciate help with this ,Thanks.
Last edited by jer3545; 12/31/2014 8:18 PM. Reason: found information
Jerry
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 75 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 75 | I found out what I needed to know through CLASSIC PARTS. Seems like they are all the same size which is 1/2 x 20 and 9/16 TH's. They are 40 cents each .For the required 14 screws both doors it would cost $5.60 + $7.95 Sh.= $13.55 .
Jerry
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Found mine at Ace Hardware. They are one of the few places still selling them individually with a big selection.....but I don't think ALL stores are the same. Penny saved....is a penny saved, for other parts!! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | I got the longer one and I can see it is too long because it will hit the regulator arm. This is not a problem. Run a nut all the way onto the bolt. Cut the bolt to the length you need and as you take the nut off it will re-thread your bolt. If you have one you could use a thread-chaser instead of the nut. I have used this method many times and saved a lot of aggravation. Harold
Last edited by Harold46; 01/02/2015 3:48 AM.
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 63 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 63 | I replaced one of the window regulators in my 48 Chevy pick up yesterday. Either there is a trick I don't know about, which I don't doubt, and it was a pain in the *.My hands are so scratched up trying to get everything aligned through those 2 small openings. It took me awhile! There were several screws missing in the window channel that holds the glass. I found replacements at Ace Hardware but the heads were to big. I finally found some hex head screws that worked.
Last edited by cletis; 01/04/2015 11:10 PM. Reason: language
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 75 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 75 | Yes , Ace Is da Place . I think I might be able to get fender bolts there to. Im checking in to it. And thaks Harold for your advice , Im going to try that .
Jerry
| | |
| |
| |