The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, RoseB), 153 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1072718 12/11/2014 1:40 AM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 17
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 17
I know this was talked about before, but I have a question that was not covered in it.I have a 59 3200 long bed with a 235 and 3 speed I'm considering a T5 swap. The trans I have is a long tail not the short tail in the short bed trucks. So anybody know if I would have to make any changes in the drive shaft length sense I already have the longer tail trans. Also would I have to upgrade the rear end or can I stay stock?

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
Get under the truck and measure your current tranny and compare the length with the measurements in this T5 chart.

The Camaro and S10 T5s are 635.3 mm from the front of the case to the tail. Add the thickness of the adapter plate if you use one.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
What is your rear gear ratio? T-5's come in different overdrive gear sets to work best with whatever rear gear ratio you already have. There are different length tail shafts available for T-5's, But you would be real lucky to find one that would be exactly the same total length as what you are replacing. Hopefully someone will come along in here who has done exactly what you are trying to do and save you a lot of head scratching and parts scrounging.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
You might want to check out Lugnutz web page. Looks like he's got all the info you need there.Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
I agree Lugnutz is the man in this area. Definately check out his page


"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0