The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dragracefan, Oswald, dt235sd, Ponchogl), 134 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 185
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 185
I have a 1952 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup that has been converted to a sbc 283 v8, and the throttle linkage is uncomfortable at the gas pedal. The gas pedal rests in to high of a position instead of a lower comfortable position. Would like to go back to the stock pedal and linkage to the Holly 4bbl that sits atop that 283. Is this possible and has anyone done it, thanks HUGH

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 186
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 186
I'd like to know too!

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
I used a Lokar "through the floor" throttle kit on two of my projects already.
These use a simple "bell crank" styled cable hook up. You just drill a a small hole in the floor to accommodate the bell crank end and screw the pedal assembly down to the floor. Then it's just a straightforward cable connection and throttle return spring at the carb.
You'll get a lot of firewall real estate freed up under there without all that linkage stuff hanging around.

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 185
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 185
Have looked at a few different pedals and linkage and some work better than others also have a few ideas of my own, was hoping someone went back to stock on the pedal and linkage, your input and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
I used the after market linkage offered through LMC for the task force series trucks on a 50 Chevy I put a 350 in. Fit well and allowed me to use the stock pedal.

Look at the lower right portion of the page. Page number is 84, part illustration number is 9

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
I recently saw an AD truck at a show where the owner had used a Lokar floor mount throttle pedal assembly and attached the stock pedal to it...improved function while retaining the original appearance.


'53 3100 5-window
'57 Mercury Monterey 2-Door Sedan
Tim H
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Lokar does make a good linkage. I have it on my "48 Burb.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0