The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Maybellene, Gazz), 103 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,482
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 52
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 52
Bought a repro from our Sponsor, but no instructions and not sure I got all the parts. Never seen one of sliding style underbed spare holders together (I'm still a newbie), and I'm mechanically and mentally challenged. Anyone got a photo or two or a picture from an assembly manual they could email or fax me? Email at [email protected], fax is 636-530-6138.

This is my last project on the truck, and I REALLY need some expert help. If there's someone in St. Louis that has this setup that I could personally inspect and help me get mine installed, I'll buy the beer!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
I have faxed you the page from the Chevrolet Parts Manual that shows the slide out carrier. I will assume GMCs had the same set up. Those repro ones are not quite the same as the originals, but work ok, they might be a little off on dimensions. But finding an original is very difficult. But that page should go a long way towards helping you get it assembled.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
Forgot to mention, this subject comes up frequently, if you check back through past subjects, some guys have posted pictures of their slide out carriers.

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 52
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 52
Brian thanks for the help. I'll take another run at it next weekend.

Appreciate the fax. It does NOT look like the repro unit at all, but the basic components are kind of there. Wish ACTP had sent me a translation!

C'mon you St. Louisans, let's drink some beers, use our imagination and get this thing ON!!!!

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
Fred;
Have a '49 GMC longbed which had the slider receiver still installed under it. Bought the sliding bar and J-hook off a guy on EBAY and put it in. If you still need a picture, let me know and I will get one with my digital camera for you this coming weekend.


Country Roads, West (By God) Virginia
http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 52
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 52
I could sure use that picture...thanks!!!! email to me at [email protected]

THANKS!

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
FredB,
Here's a shot of a sliding carrier which I believe came from our sponsor....

[img]http://www.cmaynard.com/Truck/IMG_0665.JPG[/img]


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
Fred. Too late for this weekend. Left the camera home. Will bring it next weekend and take the photos for you. Will email you.


Country Roads, West (By God) Virginia
http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
OldCarKook,
Naw, it's not my neighborhood (everyone here drives Lexus and BMW's)that worries me. It's more the truck swaps I go to. Just a little security. Besides the bike lock wasn't active anywhere else. At least it is pretending it's guarding something of value.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 230
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 230
Yes , Kook ;

_ANYWHERE_ in So.Cal. you need to lock up your spare and the truck too unless it's in sight or it'll soon be on a gardeners truck (they won't even leave you thier flat!) or for sale @ the next Pomona Swap meet . :mad:

Sad but true .


-Nate
There is no problem so difficult it cannot be overcome by generous application of brute force & ignorance
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nate, it sounds like Pomona is a great place to find original rims [ one @ a time ].


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0