The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
10 members (Shaffer's1950, Cletus1950, Leo, NAPCOStormTrpr, Otto Skorzeny, GDW, MNSmith, Hanks custodian, Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln), 103 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,455
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
I was hoping for ideas, or finding someone close to Phoenix to design/ paint a service logo on the side of my truck after the body/ paint work is finished.

Heres a design a friend came up with...

[img]http://photo.starblvd.net/MunsonMotorsports/6-5-4.jpg[/img]

Lets see what you guys have pics/ photos!!!

~j

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
May I suggest you post a want ad in the classifieds section? It's free and easy, although you will need to register again since it is a differant part of the site with differant software.

I like your logo!


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
We can just have fun with this!!
I'm far from paint and I know some of you guys have some artistic abilities...

Heres another one, this guy is good!!!!

[img]http://photo.starblvd.net/MunsonMotorsports/6-5-2.jpg[/img]

Lets see'um
~j

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 179
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 179
Take design to a vinyl graphics place. Have them do a "negative" image of your design (the black is cut out). Then apply the vinyl, tape and shoot. Pull tape and vinyl and bingo you've got a logo on your truck. Follow that with clear and you're on your way.

You could also have the same place (possibly) put the image onto one of those flexible magnets. Then you don't have to permanently turn your truck into an advertisement.

- Ryan


59 Apache Step
78 El Camino
http://www.wsu.edu/~rsain
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Hey,there,jOoftheworld!
I can't help you with painting your vehicle, but I can make your logo into a design to embroider (sew in thread) onto shirts for you to advertise your business.
I can make an embroidery pattern right from the picture you have posted!
If you are interested, reply back to me at this email address: [email protected]
I own a small embroidery business in PA. I specialize in doing small quantities of unique designs that most embroidery companies don't want to be bothered with. My husband, CoachFrank, is a Stovebolter.
Thanks, Karen Sworden

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That hackjob graphic would make a great tatoo.

Welcome 4 on the floor wink

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 96
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 96
You can also get computer cut decals made pretty much any size these days. They scan the logo. That way they are easy to remove if you ever have to.


Send David Hicks home - now!
"Better to be wrong and kill no one then right with mass graves" Albert Camus
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
Woa, your friend has talent! grin .
Looks like he could earn a decent living doing that kinda stuff, huh?

You should ask the artist for a (.ai) file.
He can send it by email. Take that file to any vinyl shop and have them output to LOW TACK vinyl. Use the negative space in the vinyl to PAINT the logo on the doors (dont use the -gasp- vinyl itself).


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
Speak of the devil!!!
Rick is the MAN!!!

I'm getting photoshop since its the program of choice for amatures. I'll be practicing, and when I decide for sure I'll have you look at the final draft and see what you think.

Kinda undecided if I want to try to incorp my son into the logo somehow.. (name, inside comment)

Thanks,
j

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
J, the artwork was NOT produced with Photoshop... You may recall I am using a 'vectorial' program (Adobe Illustrator). Vectorial is based on X-Y axis (hence it is the type of mathematical files plotters use to cut vinyl...)
Photoshop is the 'primo' bit-o-software for photo re-touching, though.
-2 powerfull tools, 2 different jobs.


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0