| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (KEVINSKI, ronsway, Otto Skorzeny, Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, TrknGMC, TooMany2count),
157
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,481 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 60 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 60 | I was hoping for ideas, or finding someone close to Phoenix to design/ paint a service logo on the side of my truck after the body/ paint work is finished. Heres a design a friend came up with... [img] http://photo.starblvd.net/MunsonMotorsports/6-5-4.jpg[/img] Lets see what you guys have pics/ photos!!! ~j | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | May I suggest you post a want ad in the classifieds section? It's free and easy, although you will need to register again since it is a differant part of the site with differant software.
I like your logo!
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 60 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 60 | We can just have fun with this!! I'm far from paint and I know some of you guys have some artistic abilities... Heres another one, this guy is good!!!! [img] http://photo.starblvd.net/MunsonMotorsports/6-5-2.jpg[/img] Lets see'um ~j | | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 179 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 179 | Take design to a vinyl graphics place. Have them do a "negative" image of your design (the black is cut out). Then apply the vinyl, tape and shoot. Pull tape and vinyl and bingo you've got a logo on your truck. Follow that with clear and you're on your way.
You could also have the same place (possibly) put the image onto one of those flexible magnets. Then you don't have to permanently turn your truck into an advertisement.
- Ryan
59 Apache Step 78 El Camino http://www.wsu.edu/~rsain
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 | Hey,there,jOoftheworld! I can't help you with painting your vehicle, but I can make your logo into a design to embroider (sew in thread) onto shirts for you to advertise your business. I can make an embroidery pattern right from the picture you have posted! If you are interested, reply back to me at this email address: [email protected] I own a small embroidery business in PA. I specialize in doing small quantities of unique designs that most embroidery companies don't want to be bothered with. My husband, CoachFrank, is a Stovebolter. Thanks, Karen Sworden | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | That hackjob graphic would make a great tatoo. Welcome 4 on the floor  | | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 96 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 96 | You can also get computer cut decals made pretty much any size these days. They scan the logo. That way they are easy to remove if you ever have to.
Send David Hicks home - now! "Better to be wrong and kill no one then right with mass graves" Albert Camus
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 | Woa, your friend has talent!  . Looks like he could earn a decent living doing that kinda stuff, huh? You should ask the artist for a (.ai) file. He can send it by email. Take that file to any vinyl shop and have them output to LOW TACK vinyl. Use the negative space in the vinyl to PAINT the logo on the doors (dont use the -gasp- vinyl itself). | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 60 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 60 | Speak of the devil!!! Rick is the MAN!!!
I'm getting photoshop since its the program of choice for amatures. I'll be practicing, and when I decide for sure I'll have you look at the final draft and see what you think.
Kinda undecided if I want to try to incorp my son into the logo somehow.. (name, inside comment)
Thanks, j | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 | J, the artwork was NOT produced with Photoshop... You may recall I am using a 'vectorial' program (Adobe Illustrator). Vectorial is based on X-Y axis (hence it is the type of mathematical files plotters use to cut vinyl...) Photoshop is the 'primo' bit-o-software for photo re-touching, though. -2 powerfull tools, 2 different jobs. | | |
| |
| |