The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, TUTS 59, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 146 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#106655 10/26/2004 7:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
7
Junior Member
Junior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
Keeping in mind the rules enforced on my last post I am here just to post the following questions.
Have you ever had to replace body parts? ie,fleetside toolbox hinges? If so where did you get them? Can you suggest where I can find these body parts? I am in no way soliciting a want ad here, just looking for body parts information. Thanks in advance for any expert knowlege which could cure my dilema.

#106656 10/27/2004 2:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing from your handle that we are talking about a 71 the only thing I have seen from a parts house related to the tool boxes for these models was the fiberglass box itself.

If my assumption of your truck model is correct I would suggest you contact all the various suppliers such as American Classic, Jim Carter, Year One, LMC, NPD, etc and ask them. Your only other option, other than salvage yard or ebay trolling, is to post a "Wanted" ad in the Swap meet section here or on another website focused specficially on the 67-72 series. There are several.

Good luck.

#106657 10/27/2004 7:09 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
7
Junior Member
Junior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
Checked all (i think) of the restoration places for the parts. Nobody has or can get them. I could build a truck from these cataloges I have, but no hinges. I'll keep checking Ebay. Thanks for the help.

#106658 10/27/2004 9:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much trouble as those boxes are for rust related issues you might just weld a patch over it and sell the pieces you now have.

#106659 11/11/2004 9:28 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 196
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 196
there are lots of wreaking yards in seattle area in befair theres one thats trucks only out in the country theres trucks setting around if you take a day go for a drive you will find parts

#106660 11/13/2004 8:30 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
7
Junior Member
Junior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
Thanks. Do you have a name of one that you would recommend? It would be worth my while. I don't wish to simply weld a panel over the hole. I guess thats why they are not real common. Might make it worth a couple more bucks even though I would'nt sell it.

#106661 11/15/2004 5:15 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 85
You might want to try Mr Tom at Tom Myers Truck
Parts. Miami Ok phone 918 542-3871 I've bought
a lot of body parts for my 46. Nice parts and
good price. Good luck Ed

#106662 11/16/2004 6:44 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
7
Junior Member
Junior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 18
Good news! My three month search is over. I just received a reply on a month old email. Must have had to do some digging! Dennis' chevy has some. It's hard to believe that some simple hinges proved to be the stumbling block of my restoration project. Thanks to EVERYONE who contributed to my search!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0