The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, mick53), 95 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
Anyone have a pic of the transmission cover on a 1950 1-ton with a four speed and hand parking brake? I just got my new cover and need to modify it to accommodate the hand brake. I could probably get close but I'd rather look once than buy twice.

Thx- Bruce

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
I think I have a 1948 with 4 speed and floor hand brake cover. Interested? I just had cam out earlier today. I can take some pictures next week if I can find that cover. Remind me .



Jerry
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
Thanks Jerry!

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 293
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 293
Hi Bruce there are a couple of pictures on my Photobucket page that may be useful to you.
Doyle


1950 Chevrolet model 1434 5-Window Canadian manufactured 1-Ton with Dump Bed / Hoist
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
You will never stop learning new things, no matter how old you are.
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
That's perfect Doyle. Where did you find the replacement with the precut handbrake hole?

Bruce

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 293
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 293
Not a replacement, original part.


1950 Chevrolet model 1434 5-Window Canadian manufactured 1-Ton with Dump Bed / Hoist
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
You will never stop learning new things, no matter how old you are.
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 45
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 45
Hi Bruce, I bought a replacement tranny cover from Autobody Speciaties out of Conn.Part #c-376 and was $59 when I got mine two years ago. Good luck, Gerry Lee

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
Well dang! I cut the hole in cover I got from Carter. It looks pretty good but I would have preferred to just get one.

Gerry Lee - when I pulled the old panel off (or what was left of it), there was a small banana shaped thin steel plate that went over the brake handle. It doesn't look like it attaches to anything but I'm not quite sure whether it should sit immediately under the trans cover, or beneath the foam seal (maybe it was attached to the brake boot?). Any ideas?

Bruce

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
Bruce, still need that picture? Let me know if you do. Mine is off and in my pile. I can snap a pic if you still need one.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 255

got it sir, but thanks for offering.

Figured out what that little part is - it sits beneath the hand brake foam seal. I'm not sure if it originally was glued to the foam seal but it appears to keep it from slipping forwards and backwards with the brake lever. Pretty clever.

Bruce


Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0