Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Hello everyone, I'm looking to see where y'all have found the mounting pads for the bell housing? The bell housing is believe to be a '55. The casting number is 3837001 picture . Thanks for the help. Bread . | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Do you mean the engine mounts? if so they are available from every vendor of reproduction parts and most of the larger auto parts stores. dg
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Yes, I am looking for the rear engine mounts but just the pads that bolt on to the bellhousing. For what ever reason, the reproductions venders are showing the two bolt hole pads that are for the car version bell housing. I figured that since the '55 is a popular year, there would be plenty of venders to chose from. It could all be user error but I did look prior to posting.
Bread . | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Thank you Tclederman, NAPA was the fist auto supplier that I called and they didn't have any and redirected me to Yearone. I looked within LMC, they did have the mounts but not the ones I needed. Speed way, and JEG was a waist of time.
Thank you again, Bread . | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Bread, I had to do a little detective work after finding the Federated Auto Parts Motor Mounts part number 2108 boxes for old lower motor mounts (for under the clutch housing). They no longer are sold/listed. HOWEVER, a further search shows that an Anchor 2108 transmission mount is probably the same part. @$5.00 on Amazon - buy a few other things and get free shipping. Good luck, | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | Bread, I have the old bell housing mounts from my 1965 and 1966 C10. They are in good shape. I wonder if they would be correct. Send me a PM with your email and I will send you photos with dimensions.
Also, your bell has a cast mark on the driver's side - L6 56. I think that means it was cast on December 6, 1956. (L is the 12th letter of the alphabet). | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | As shown at a link in an above post, they are the same mounts. The used one should work fine. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Gentlemen, Thank you for your help. I've learned something today.
PM Sent.
Bread . | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Here is an update to the rear motor mounts pads. Thanks to Jay, he was kind enough to give me his old mounting pad - picture - . With a little patients, I was able to find a bellhousing cross member - picture - to fit in the truck. Now, all I need to do now is bolt the cross member to the frame for the rear motor mount stability. - picture - The cross member doesn't sit on the frame on both sides and the passenger side. It doesn't butt up against the frame so I was thinking of putting in some spacers to make up the gap. picture , picture , picture , picture I am open to any comments and suggestions. Bread .
Last edited by Bread; 10/27/2014 1:54 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | Bread, Give me a call. We can mock up what you need to add to your cross member, fab up the missing metal, and weld it up at my house. It looks to me from your pictures that you are lacking too much metal to get away with shims. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Carl, Thank you. I will give you a call.
Bread . | | |
| |