Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible),
179
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 3 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 3 | I would like to know the difference between the deluxe cab and standard. I have a 53 3/4 ton chevy truck with five windows, a pinstripe and a chrome stripe down the middle of the windshield. I thought if you had five windows and pinstripe, it was considered a deluxe cab. But then I was reading that a deluxe window was chrome around the windows. Does deluxe cab and deluxe windows imply the same cab? I'm painting my truck and want to get the wheels and pinstripe right. Depending on if it is deluxe or standard, does anyone have a website for the proper paint instructions? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 10 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 10 | The way that I understand it, any cab with the 5 window option was considered a "deluxe" cab, while the 3 window cabs were standard. The stainless bar between the windshield glass, and the pinstripe around the cab "belt" came standard on all AD trucks regardless of cab choice (the stainless bar disapeared in 54 when the solid piece windshield was introduced). As far as I know, a person could have purchased the deluxe window trim package (stainless trim around the front windshield, and around the inside and outside of the door windows)on either cab. Hope this helps. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 587 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 587 | This information actually applies to the 1949 model year, but that year, the deluxe cab option for pickups consisted of the rear corner windows, stainless windshield and door window reveals, door window garnish molding, seat back trim panel, driver's door arm rest, right hand sun shade, chrome plated radiator grille (3000 models only), and body color wheels with 3 pinstripes (16 inch wheels, color varied with body color). | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | I don't know about all years. But I believe you were able to get the corner windows without getting the deluxe cab. I believe I have seen it listed on it's own.
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Tony M is correct. I do not have information for earlier years, but in 1954 the option 387 was clear rear corner windows on a Pick-up cab. An alternate option was the "Deluxe Cab" and that option (430) included several items including the rear corner windows. In 1954, the "Chrome" option (393) was a separate option (chrome front bumper, grill, and hubcaps). A rear chrome bumper was a separate option.
Tim | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 | I have a '49 GMC Deluxe cab. The windshield rubber had the stainless molding all around the frame along with the center bar. However, when I put in new windshields, they were a tad bigger than the originals and I couldn't get the trim back in AND get the windows into the cab. Perhaps the P.O. of your truck experienced the same thing. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 71 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2001 Posts: 71 | I had the same problem as Geezer. Jim Carter's patterns were too large in all dimensions. And, yes, the glass shop did cut inside the lines as the instructions specified. To get the stainless trim to fit in the groove, I ground off the lip. Still was tough to get in, but it seems fine. By the way, I kept a little bit of the lip at the corners just to help hold them in. | | |
| |