| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 13 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 13 | Has any one out there replaced the rear cargo deck on a 1955-59 GMC/Chev suburban/carryall? I have the body off and need to know if the deck has to be on the frame before the body or can it be put in after. Someone else took it apart so I'm not sure how it came out.
john
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 7 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 7 | John I haven't put one back together but took one apart and would think the wood would have to be back in or put back in as a unit with shell.Shell actually sits on floor.I cut one up for parts and there are quite a few bolts around outer edge and wheel wells.What year truck you working on-I was referring to 55-56 mdl. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 13 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 13 | It's a '59. There's a 1" ledge for it to rest on at the front and back but it has to go underneath the lip around the wheel well. Then the mat has to go on as well. Seems like a helluva job.
john
| | |
| |
| |