| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,558 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 48 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 48 | I am planning to buy a new welding machine and maybe a plasma cutter if i can afford both. Any ideas and this and maybe advise on where to buy this equipment? thanks.
Get busy liv'n or get busy die'n
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | I suggest visiting your local welding supply store. Around here Airgas is the most common. They sell and service welding stuff all day and the prices are usually competetive. They can also give you hints and maybe even let you try stuff out.
If you are not familiar with using the equipment I would take a welding class from your local community college or get friendly with your local high school shop teacher, then you can try out their equipment and see if you like it.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 | I am new to welding and went to Airgas, they were very helpful and explained options. I had an idea what I wanted, 110v MIG/Flux home shop use. They want you to be a happy customer.
First figure out all you want it to do and go from there. You can go online to Miller or Lincoln and read through spec sheets.
Buddy | | |
| |
| |