| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (klhansen, 1 invisible),
88
guests, and
5
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,126 Posts1,056,356 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 | I like the 54 chevy grill , question how hard to swap the 54 chevy grill onto a 54 gmc ? may not do it but was considering the swap | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | It would be a major undertaking because you'd need to swap hoods too and a Chevy hood won't latch on a GMC latch panel, and you can't use the Chevy panel as is because the GMC radiator sits forward of where the Chevy one does. I'm sure there'll be several other difficulties to be overcome along the way. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 268 | Just swap out the complete front end.
Replace all the sheet metal with a Chevy front end.
You can use the fenders but nothing else.
Change Hood, Splash apron, hood latch, radiator support, radiator and engine.
If you note the slight hump in the front edge of the GMC hood...all that and everything else is to accommodate the longer bigger engine and larger radiator that GMC used over the littler /smaller Chevy.
Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, Love like you've never been hurt.
1948 GMC FC101 1/2t Pickup w/270 and SM420 1948 GMC FC253 1t Factory 80"x9' Flatbed Dually 1948 Chevy COE 2 Ton 8'x15' Flatbed 1950 GMC 354-24 2 Ton 8'X12' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist 1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton 8'x14' Flatbed w/Dump Hoist 1953 GMC 454-30 3 Ton Cab and Chassis 1942 Clarkator 6 MILL-44 Heavy Aircraft Tug 1942 Ford (9N) Moto Tug with 1/2 yard Loader 1947 Oliver OC3 HG-42 Tract-Crawler Bull Dozier w/6' Blade
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 | Tks for the reply's , if I can use my fenders I may do the swap , as the radiator has to be changed to go with the v8 I am going to use and I will be putting an IFS mustang front end under it so everything comes off , its going to take me a few years to save money and do the work as I am going to do major changes to this gmc as it is a 3/4 ton and I do not like that so front and rear suspension will be more modern hence why its going to be slow going as bills come first,,, I do like the longbed part but the chevy 54 grill is an appealing swap ,,next question is the hood to 54 chevy year specific or will some of the earlier ones work ? | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Even though some say otherwise, I don't think it will line up when you bolt the Chevy radiator support to the GMC cross member. I think if you want a Chevy you should start with a Chevy. You are going to need to buy one anyway to get all the stuff you want to change.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 | I will be putting a ford 302 v8 in this truck so the radiator support will be modified to fit a ford , its going to be alot of work but I have more time than money | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 |
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 9 | yea I know its sacrilege but I have a great motor an tranny and to go chevy would require a lot more money that I dont have , the money is going in to the suspension change out | | |
| |
| |