Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
177
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Can't find shocks or parts numbers for front and rear. Please help. Tried Flaps, Napa, internet. Can't log in to the 6066 GMC site. Has not been updated since 2009. Nobody to contact. I can find PN for 2wd only, are they the same?
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | They are not the same.. What I had done in the past was figured out the dimensions of the mounts and needed length then looked them up by those dimensions using a Monroe catalog I have. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Thank you. It is so frustrating. The Summit site has a video and I guess it looks simple to do the measuring.(except have truck front clip, engine and bed off.. want to put shocks on before reassembly. Due to you mentioning Monroe, I just wrote to the tech section asking for Part number. Should be same as 1960 Chevy K10 but I'm not sure. The Monroe web site only lists the 60 K10 steering damper. No shocks. Gabriel, same thing. I'm shocked! Maybe someone with this era 4X4, 60-62, will chime in with a PN.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | I would get you the Delco number off the old ones I have, but I am not home right now, and they never crossed to begin with so that isn't going to help. I completely understand the frustration that you have, for some reason the chassis parts for these trucks are not well supported by the aftermarket industry. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | I would appreciate that number from front and rear. thanks. Went to Delco site, only listing for 1960 shocks...VW ! Looks like I will have to do the measure technique when I get it all back together. Just in case someone ever searches this, the technique is: Measure the truck on level ground, measure center of mounting stud/hole to mounting stud/hole, then measure from bump stop to where it would hit, subtract. That is your collapsed length. Jack up one wheel to just off ground, measure stud to stud again, that is extended length. Purchase shock according to those dimensions. When I do that and find one close, I will post the part number.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | I was watching a NOS pair of front shocks and contacted the seller to see if he still has them if so I will PM you the info or link. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | This is the Delco PN 5559168. I don't know if 50+ year old "NOS" shock seals are dried out, no good. If they are rubber, I don't think it would still be good (either inside seals or rubber bushings) ???????
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | 50 year old rubber bushings exposed to the atmosphere [ozone] will be poor, but inside seals should be fine
Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Hope they were not stored near a photocopier.  (high ozone emitters)
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | I have bought NOS shocks for my 63 k20, they were still good. It can be a gamble either way for sure. Keep us posted on what you find. I have an 60-62 short box k10 chassis I am debating on what to do with so I may need the numbers as well. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | I think the smart thing to do is the measure method. Don't like old rubber and sometimes people give the wrong application info and returning thru Ebay is a hassle. Measured front hole to hole Approx 17". As far as bump stop measurement, there is a rubber bump stop at the center of the rear half of front spring. There is also a metal to metal "stop" in center of spring where factory lift spacer may meet a hat bracket on frame. Not sure which one of those to measure. Gotta think about it. As I said, can't really do any real measuring until truck is back together. I have written to others/Gabriel/Monroe/Delco on the web, if I hear back, will post.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | this is what I used for my 64 4 x 4 panel; whether or not that they are the same for our application you will have to check that out, I crossed it over by measurement and shock ends rears are RS5143 frts are RS5601 rancho ron | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Thanks ron for those PN's. Seems like the Rancho is right on! but... both of my upper front shock mounts are broken.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | |
| |