The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Pre '68 Dave, BCBill), 289 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,178
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#104496 02/09/2003 11:45 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
Besides missing all the dash controls, my heater ducting is missing a little "cover" that exposes the "air control" damper. The shop manual picture makes this little part look more complicated than a simple cover - it's shaped like a nose and has a couple of forks that might (?) be activated by the damper. Anyone have a complete unit that can describe what this doo-hickey does that a piece of duct tape wouldn't do?

It's shown in the '66 Shop supplement, Section 13, Fig 1, extreme right side above words "air inlet".


The money I save as a mechanic, I spend on medical bills!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 46
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 46
You lost me at'Nose and a couple of forks'.
Is this part inside or outside the cab? and can you post a pic?

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
I've posted a picture of the mysterious part to
http://user.cavenet.com/jgurley/heater.jpg


The money I save as a mechanic, I spend on medical bills!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15
Jim, I don't know if that cover has any function other than cover the hole. Its the only thing missing off my otherwise functioning unit and I just covered it with duct tape. What ever that cover might have done, using duct tape didn't stop the heater from getting things toasty the other day when it was 13 degrees out.


when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0