The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (KEVINSKI, Dennys28), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1041870 07/12/2014 3:29 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 56
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 56
Hi all,

I recently completed a stencil project for replicating the glass etching date codes for Chevy 41- 46 trucks. The stencils turned out great, and are available in the Swap Meet, if you're interested. The reason for my post?? I was contacted about changing the dates for a 1940 dated truck. Closer inspection revealed a few differences from the 41- 46 glass my project referenced. I'm wondering how many years might share the stencil style as used on the 40 truck. Any one have photos of the etched glass on their truck and care to share? It would be nice to have an idea of the scope of this possible follow-on project.

Thanks in advance!


WW2Chevy
1942 Chevrolet G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Army Cargo w/ winch

(Retro-roco)
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
I was wondering if that could be done. All of the glass from my truck needs to be replaced, when I get to that point.

I have a 1945 GMC, everything on the truck has a date code of 45.
I always thought it would be nice to have the correct glass ethching.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 56
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 56
JeffL

I am currently putting together a list of dates and logos for my next stencil page. Does your glass look anything like this?

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/4189/l6lh.jpg

Last edited by retro-roco; 07/14/2014 5:46 PM.

WW2Chevy
1942 Chevrolet G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Army Cargo w/ winch

(Retro-roco)

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0