| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,408 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 | The owner of the shop I have been working on my truck at has been wanting to get a lil get together at the shop . I have never planned anything like this but I was hoping to maybe meet some of you guys/gals in person. He was originally wanting a full on show , but we dont have the ability to put something like that on. I would like to draw some attention to the shop for him, as he is a young entrepreneur , and has helped me get my truck to where it is now. With out the use of a shop , my truck would still be sitting outside wasting away. So my thought is a simple meet and greet with some eye candy. Maybe August? My goal is to at least yard driving by Halloween but maybe sooner. (my father passed on Halloween) We have a decent venue for a meet and greet as there is plenty of space there. At least 20 trucks can be parked there. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | If you build it they will come but you have to tell them WHERE you'd like to have the get-together. We have gotten our own little Stovebolt universe down here by tagging on to ATHS shows, gives us all lots to look at and gives all the big truck guys (and several of us have big trucks) a chance to see and appreciate BOTH.
Again, WHERE in New York? My old hometown is Binghamton, now a Virginian the past 25 years.
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 | Schodack NY. I know we have at least 2 trucks that will be there. Tim's burb , and Fritz's 1/2 ton panel. I have not talked to them yet but I'm sure they would make the 10 minute trip down the road.
I'm basically trying to get a call out to see what kind of turn out I can get. If it going to be a good turn out , I want to try and get some cool stuff going on.
Last edited by 1tonpete; 07/13/2014 9:27 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I'll be there, Josh, if it is August or later.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 3 | Hello! I am new to the forums and just purchased a 51 1/2 ton. I would be interested in coming out and finding some like minded folks. I am out of Rochester so would not be too far of a drive depending on the date however truck will not be in any condition to drive this year. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 | Welcome John. I will keep you guys posted. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 | I,m down here on the So. shore of The Island,4 houses off the Nassau/Suffolk border. Prob closer than JohnMac,but a harder drive and None of My Junk is on the road right now. steve sr. | | |
| |
| |