| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,319 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 95 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 95 | Mongo, I was looking at your tech tip on a cab dolly and noticed the color of your fine old truck. That is the same color that is under several layers of other color paint on my 54 6100. What is the name of the color? Brand? I'm just about ready to spray mine and I need some starting point fo find the right shade of blue. Redcoat | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Redcoat & Mongo, I hope you don't mind my dropping in on this subject. Mongo's truck color seems to be Windsor Blue (available in 1947-1952 but not in 1953, 1954), The closest 1954 color is Transport Blue (not available in 1947-1952) it looks like the Transport Blue is a little darker than the Windsor Blue. Tranport Blue: Ditzler: DQE-10983; PPG10983 (now PPG13903) Transport Blue: Dupont: 1620-H (DUCO); 93-72003-H (DULUX) In a few minutes I will edit this post and add a link to a 1951-54 Ditzler Chev Commercial Exterior Colors . Tim | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 95 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 95 | Thanks for all the help. There's a shop that carries both paint brands nearby. I hope to get it all painted and put together over the summer. Redcoat | | |
| |
| |