The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI), 87 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,706
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 89
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 89
Hello folks , Need some advice on what a 1954 3100 5 window is worth, that I went to look at.

1-body is completely solid and straight no dings or dents,some surface rust,no bondo at all.All floor pans solid.Bed is perfect,just wood needs repainting. Body Needs paint.Glass is all perfect.

2-Frame solid , no rust or rot

3-engine appears to have been changed, engine #0219787f54z and is NOT running but turns by hand.

4-Transmission is a 4 speed on the floor.Im not sure how to determine if it is original.The trans. floor pan has been cut with a torch.

5-Needs all brake work,fuel system,tires,cooling system,clutch

6-Some options or acc. the truck appears to have are,
butterfly steering wheel?sun visor,spot lights,rain guards,chrome grill and front bumper,chrome window trim,door handle scratch guards,radio,heater,16" wheels,4 speed?,under bed spare tire holder,lighter,rear turn signals,wind deflectors on wing windows.

Im sure I forgot a few things.Once again thank you in advance for all your help,advice and support. JON

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
What ever you are willing to pay for it. Photos would help.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Well, I think I have an answer for you. Assuming that the engine will run, big if. Look at what needs replacing, re-doing or what ever. Cost of paint job if you are not going to do it yourself. Get you a book (LMC) is fine and just jot down the parts that you know you are going to need. Do some figuring, it won't be right because something else always comes up. This will give you an idea of what YOU are going to have to put in the truck. Now to answer your question, the truck is worth what you are willing to pay for it. I don't think anyone can say how much you should pay for it. All I can say is you can go to Hemming Motor News and get a good idea what a finished truck sells for, $25,000.00 and up. So weigh your options and go from there. I hope I haven't been to long with this answer. Good luck.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 222
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 222
around here you can pick them up for almost nothing to the ridiculous. to many made for tv shows that have every one thinking their truck is worth millions. people may be asking 25,000.00 but it may not ever sell at that price. I just bought a 31 chevy 1/2T pick up for 2000.00. I drove it onto the trailer but its got a bad rod. it does have a nice straight body and nearly rust free. I'm going to put a 261 and a t-5 trans in it so I didn't care about the engine. if you can find them with nice bodies that's what really counts. you can start looking on Crags List, you can look in all states and see what there going for.
Jay D.

Last edited by jay d; 06/29/2014 5:03 PM.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0