The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lugnutz, F100Ranger, 55shaker, Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel), 88 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
Last fall I installed new Steele door gaskets. The doors do not seem to latch unless I really slam it while pushing at the latch. I loosened up the latch a bit by moving it outboard enough that it rattles slightly. Still difficult to close. The crack between the door and the cab seems even at about 1/4 inch. Help please - Thanks - Scott


55 1st Chev.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 40
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 40
I'm going to be tackling that same project real soon...

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
T
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,586
I had the same problem on a 51 after installing new door seals. Adjusting the striker was no use, the problem was worn door latches.I don't know about 55 latches, but the ones on a 51 have a latching mechanism with a pawl that latches on piece of steel like a saw blade. All the teeth were worn in the area that normally catches.New latches solved the problem for me.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 112
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 112
Well I thought someday I will be installing new
weatherstrips around my doors on my 53...
There was a fellow in 2001...that posted this..
He had also used steelrubber and was told that
oh yes the rubber need to relax and settle in.
He found out that there were two different thick-nesses.....#70-0331-73...1/2"
#70-0145-73...11/16
Of course using the thinner one as he posted was
the answer...Now I don't know because he never
got back to the list....Hope this will help you
out...


1946 chevy 1/2 ton panel
1937 ford coupe

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0