The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wheelie, tclederman, Woodcmiami), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1026779 05/07/2014 1:43 AM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I am trying to determine what king pin set I need to get for my 65 C-60. I don't know the weight rating of the front axle. How do you determine this? Does anyone have any part numbers out there?


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy IHBoilermaker, According to my Moog catalog there were three different front axles for a 65 C60 the 5000 lb. the 7000 lb. (FO70), and the 9000 lb. (FO90)
the 5000 lb. axle kingpins are 1.109" diameter and 6.343" long
the 7000 lb. axle kingpins are 1.2494" diameter and 7.890" long
the 9000 lb. axle kingpins are 1.4335" and 1.1860" (tapered pin) and 8.750" long
the Moog p/ns for the different kingpin kits follows
the 5000lb. pins are p/n 8492B
the 7000lb. pins are p/n 8491B
the 9000lb. pins are p/n 8462B
The following are RockAuto prices for the Moog parts
8492B $26.79, 8491B $33.59, 8462B $122.79
The following are Napa crosses to the Moog p/ns and Napa prices
8492B= Napa p/n NCP 2621016 $68.40, 8491B= Napa p/n NCP 2621017 $111.60, 8462B= Napa p/n NCP 2621406 $197.10, hope that helps.

3B #1026903 05/07/2014 4:22 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0