| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (1955 1 Series, 2-Ton, Robert Crandall, Gdads51, 52Carl, fonz8261, greenie-reddy, Forty9, RoadsScholar, mk72, 1 invisible),
129
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,343 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 | The exhaust pipe on my truck is 1 1/4" I.D., which looks and seems right to me, but then I've never gone around measuring exhaust pipes. The reason I'm bringing this up is I've had several people tell me its too small, I'll have back pressure issues, etc. But these have been V8 people, and it seems that if my memory is any good, those old low compression sixes all had small exhausts. Can anyone back me up or enlighten me if I'm mistaken? (That's happened too!!) John | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 | Thanks for the link. I think I'm OK. It's probably 1 1/2 ID, but I was measuring in the dark. I just don't remember big tailpipes on these trucks when I was a kid and they were closer to eye level to me. John | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Here's what's on my 50 ...pic... Not original , been replaced at some point, and don't know if its correct | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 | That looks like the manifold end, I was talking about the tailpipe. I still think I'm good. Truck runs and sounds good. | | |
| |
| |