| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,298 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 12 | Ok guys I'll try to stay brief. Been searching and reading however there's mixed reviews and all sorts of answers and I'm not sure his was actually asked in the searching I did.
Was trying to test the brakes today in the old bolt as I hope she's running next week but had a heck of a time breaking the bolt out the top of the master cylinder. Long story short I couldn't get the lines loose from the bottom of the master cylinder either and wound up breaking them since I couldn't get the top loose to put fluid in to test the lines while attached to the truck. Certainly they make replacement lines so no hard feeling but would've been nice to keep those on it.
Well the MC is now out however the top bolt still in and as we continue to try it gets stripped further. I saw where they are seized up sometimes and feel mine maybe but also read several saying to keep the original which is hard to do in my case since the top won't come off. Give me some guidance on buying a replacement vs continuing to try and separate mine. Thinking about buying a complete brake kit to just ensure everything works but want to keep it original as possible. No disk if I buy a kit as I'd like to stay drums for the look.
Hope that make sense thanks for the help in advance, Travis. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | You will probably find the same problem with every line you work on, so it is best to replace them all, including the flexible lines. You should be able to source new parts where needed. There are also places around that rebuild the cylinders, sleeving them in stainless. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2012 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2012 Posts: 14 | I have a 53 3/4 ton and I ordered all my brake parts at classicparts.com out of Kansas City, MO if you are thinking of replacing all of them. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 12 | Brake kit ordered from there, new MC coming with it. Thanks for the replies. | | |
| |
| |