The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (55shaker, Bruce 1954-4100, Hanks custodian, Gdads51, BC59, Cletus1950, cmayna, 3800GUY), 126 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,253
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1020094 04/07/2014 5:44 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 289
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 289
I am thinking about taking the ends off so I can fit the center section in my sandblast cabinet, but I am wondering if I'll need special rivets to put it back together and if alignment will be an issue?


Eric
http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/sparky234/library/My%2057%20Chevy%20Stepside?sort=3&page=1
'57 Chevy 3100 (Little Red)
'81 RD350 LC - Fun, Fun, Fun
'83 GS1100E - Pocket Rocket
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
I had to make a mounting bracket for my 58 GMC grill so removed the other for a template.
I just made sure the rivets I used were sized for the holes and thickness of the material.
I took the opportunity to make sure all surfaces were in epoxy primer prior to assembly.


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the vendors used to have a special kit to replace the rivets with screws and nuts, instead of a "head", the screws had a small flat plate, don't know if you could find those, but works fine

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0