The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 2-Ton, Hugh63c10, Oswald, CuzzFuzz, 1955 1 Series), 61 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,353
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 25
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 25
Hello -

I got a new on/off switch put in my truck. Which connection does the wire from the fuel guage hook to? I don't want to guess, although sometimes that's the best way!! If I'm looking at the back of the switch, with the key on and in the "straight up" position, which of the three terminals do I hook to? The 10, 2, or 6 o'clock?

THANKS A MILLION! I guess I really oughta buy me a wiring diagram!

Bernard


Bernard Laiben
1951 3100 Chevy Deluxe Pick-up (original with 73,000 miles on a "straight Six" 216)
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
It should connect to the acessory term. It should have letters on the back designating which term. it is. A is acess. B is bat. & I goes to the ign.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 25
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 25
Wrenchbender.....thanks so much! You learn something new everyday! I've never had to mess with the ignition switch before! I'll take a look at it tomorrow and hope I get it hooked up right.

Thanks a million!

Bernard


Bernard Laiben
1951 3100 Chevy Deluxe Pick-up (original with 73,000 miles on a "straight Six" 216)
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
You also need to buy a multi-meter if you're going to troubleshoot electricity. Even a cheap one is worth it's weight in gold.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Those cheap multimeters are an amazing bargain. In some ways they are better than the expensive meters of years ago. They are the number one tool for troubleshooting the electrical system, as Cletis said.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0