| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,354 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 | I ordered brake shoes for my 51 3100 and they sent me 2" shoes for the fronts and 1 3/4"shoes for the rear. My drums are 2 1/4"deep.All four of them.The rear shoes that were in it are 2" but they could have been installed by mistake. Is this correct for an AD? Using narrower shoes in the rear? Or did I get the wrong shoes for the rear?---Jack | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 224 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 224 | pads and shoes are all , 1 3/4 " ....55 1st 3100.... the brake area is 2 3/8 " rear 2 1/2 " front
Last edited by wanderer1955 1st; 03/25/2014 2:28 PM.
" STUCK IN THE '50'S "
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 161 | I just did a search of this site and found my exact same question asked in 2011 and answered. 1 3/4" are correct but I can also use the 2" if I wish. There's alot of info here if you look around.---Jack | | |
| |
| |