The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (RLB), 119 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1016457 03/24/2014 5:46 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
I have a 1953 one ton looking to put a Cadillac 500 into it and I was just wondering where to place the motor? I've heard just after the original front crossmember but I'm looking for a more accurate measurement.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
I have pictures of a 51 half ton with a 500 Cad I did and it looks like the right head is very close to the firewall and the left head clears by about one and a quarter inches. I had to go by firewall clearence for judging where to place the engine. If your using a recessed aftermarket firewall then maybe other measurements will work. The engine, 400 Turbo Hydramatic trans, and factory radiator all fit in without cutting the cab, floor, or core support. Run a 3.08 rear and it could have EASILY pulled one down into the 2's.


Evan
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
The fire wall does give me a better idea as to where it should go I am planning on making a new fire wall just to clean up the look. Actually I'm making all the parts myself so the more pictures and dimensions I can get the better.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
I always place the engine as close as possible to the firewall, keeping enough room for clearance for everything when the engine moves.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0