The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (46 Texaco, Hotrod Lincoln, 2 invisible), 88 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,633
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
I'm in reassembly stage and want to confirm that the core support is fastened on each side with hardware in the following order: Bolt passes through split washer, shim, cushion, SPACER and core support, cushion, then a second shim?

Also - I can't find new spacers anywhere....I assume they are necessary....what have others done to replace?

Last edited by gobolt; 03/06/2014 1:15 PM.

gobolt


Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
Bump - really need help on this...can someone verify that I have the order correct? Obviously makes a difference on everything lining up....anyone with a 58 or 59 1/2 ton??


gobolt


Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
I'm not sure exactly what the question is, but if you need a shim I think it would be to raise the whole core so no need for one underneath, and the split/lock washer would go on just before the nut. Next to last.
I'd use a large washer for the head of the bolt to ride on(if it fits) instead of the split one 'second'.
Body shim/spacers are @ the FLAPS.

In the end expect to put it together and take it apart several times at least before 'things line up'.
I found some things reveal themselves after the 3rd or 4th time of fitting them all together and blowing them back apart looking for an extra 1/32 clearance.


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 81
Thanks - I appreciate the help...it is now together (3rd try, as you suggested it might take!)


gobolt



Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0