The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1002471 01/28/2014 4:38 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
Hello bolters.
I tried to find the search button for the forums but cant find it?
Anyway, I finally pulled the windshield apart but both top and bottom broke at the first bolt holes in both sides.
Now I have 4 pieces to get out.
What did you do to get the joiners out?
I think I remember some one cutting the groove where the glass rubber goes in then reweld it back up after prying them out?
Its really stuck in there with dirt etc.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Barry

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
That was how I got mine apart. I have pictures.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
is that the pictures of the frame being held together with c-clamps?
Just cut a section out and pull the ends out.
Replace with new pieces and weld up.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
Yes. I inserted an aluminum bar when I welded it back up. Helped with weld material inside the frame. Minimized the filing.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 59
ok Thanks G.
I cut them and the bars came out.
Ill grab some copper or aluminum and weld it back up.
Where did you buy the replacement bars from?
Did they fit good?

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 775
Chevy's of the 40's because I live in the same town. I think though that factory OEM were angled such that it was steeper by a couple of degrees. I made my own from Aluminum but the broke at the threaded screw holes. I went with the steel ones and they worked fine. Not sure if the window leaks yet as its is not on the road. I greased it up inside where the "V" inserts into the frame. I also sealed my windows with urethane window sealant. Used Steele rubber on the outside rim. Used a non hardening sealant in that grove.

Last edited by GWWirth; 02/01/2014 4:14 AM.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0