Anyone ever use the Summit Racing Hot Rod Flat line of paints? I plan on using them for my '47, and I'm seriously considering the Olive Drab Brown color. I'm thinking of painting a coat of black then dark red on the top surfaces first, then sand through the brown to get the aged patina look. I wish I could have just left the original patina like it was, but the cab required cab corners and cowl panels, and the truck needed all 4 fenders too, which kind of hampered that plan.

Has anyone ever used or seen the olive drab brown in person? I can't seem to find any pictures of vehicles online with that paint. My other choice is Desert Tan. I listed links for both.

Olive Drab Brown

Desert Tan

Here's a few pics...

Suspension done - cab on

Test fit with old fenders

Engine and trans in place - in garage for winter

Thanks,
Wayne

Last edited by Wayne S; 01/17/2014 3:41 PM.

1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's
1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail