My '56 1/2 ton Chevrolet has a not so original engine: 1970ish 350CID. At least it's 1 step up from my previous ('55) ride: it drives :drive:
The instrument cluster is original and I'd like to keep it that way. However for reading the temp of the engine, I would need a matched temp sending unit.
I've read up in the forums here and elsewhere on the internet and I can't really reach a conclusion on the resistance values for the complete range of let's say 100-230F the original temp sender would have. Snippets of info tell me that e.g. at 212F the resistance would be somewhat like 92-111 Ohms (still a large range btw).
I would need those R values to go to the next step, which is to find a temp sending unit with the same/similar as possible resistance values.
Anybody any tips on primarily the resistance values from the original? Alternatively, a sender unit which has proven to work the range of the indicator exactly?
Thanks for the help!
Peter.