The trans mounts to the bellhousing on a V-8 conversion the same way it mounts on a 6 cylinder. The trans does not mount to the crossmember like on later vehicles. You will need a V-8 bellhousing from a 55-59/63-67 truck. You can also use the bellhousing from a 63-67 6 cylinder truck. If you send me an email @
[email protected] I can send you a spreadsheet listing all the components required for a 235 to V-8 conversion. Fred
Hi,
After a couple years of dealing with the frame, cab and suspension. I'm finally coming around to dealing with the engine.
A buddy of mine gave me a 1957 265 v8 with a Saginaw 3 speed attached. After running the numbers it came out of a corvette, but would I be able to use this car bell housing in the truck or will I have to get a truck bell housing specifically?
BTW it does have the side mounts.
Thanks!