I hate to keep rehashing this over and over, in the end it's
paint it what ever you feel like in spite of what the facts dictat.
I'd agree with you 100% Carl. All of the paint samples left on
any of the engine sheet metal that I've found have been a very
dark gray. Much darker than any of the other paint
that the vendors offer. The Filling Station comes
the closest.
I did a bunch of comparison some time ago.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/116496118
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/116496103/original
You can clearly see how light the Hirsch paint is next to the
other. Some guys use the lighter yet Ford gray but that is even
lighter than Bill Hirsch's paint. Also many of the
guys over at the VCCA seem to agree that the engines
were painted a very dark blue gray.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 11/13/2013 4:07 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL