Howdy there driveline guys!

somewhat new to site. First time posting in this section, I think

so bare with me if my lingo ain't up to snuff.
Anywho...Just opened up rear diff and separated tranny from shaft tonight. Noticed some sludge and junk sittin in bottom of diff. My pap and I cleaned er out a bit and all seams real good. All the teeth on ring gear and spider gears are as crisp as a Cracker. Gonna flush it out real good and button it up. Same with transmission. All looks good.
But my question is...after scraping gasket areas clean and ready for new...is it best to just put gaskets in dry with these old trucks, or should a little aviation gasket goop be painted on before closin er all up? I only ask cause I'm not new to sealing up driveline components but I am new to the early 50's get up. Curious of any old standards or just old standbys that I may not be aware of.
Any suggestions or help at all will be greatly appreciated.