I bought a nice looking 1962 235 last night, I was told it was out of a truck and it still has it's bell housing with the hydraulic slave & arm on the right hand side.
My 55.2 3600 has two "studs" sticking up out of the frame for the motor mounts. The '62 Engine no longer has the holes or bosses cast into the block to mount the brackets.
The '62 engine has a front mount bracket on the timing cover flange under the harmonic balancer with a rubber pad and two studs sticking through the bottom.
I assume I need the bottom half of the mount (or bracket) and then do I simply drill the front cross member to add the bracket. If so are there any drawings etc to help me center it and is there a lower retainer or anything else I need?
Last edited by DrDarby; 10/14/2013 3:08 PM.