If you decide to box you can get front boxing plates from Speedway and rear plates from No Limit Engineering. There may be other sources, but I know those.
That saves you from cutting plates for the curve over the axle and the smaller curves around front crossmember. The rest of the frame is pretty straight and you can use flat plate and if you have to cut it will be more or less straight lines. I think in the middle it may be 6 inches and with a standard size plate you may only cut to length.
Doc Frohmader at webrodder.com has some interesting articles on boxing the front of his Task Force.
I am putting in IFS and 4-link and the boxing is part of the install.
I am not familiar with any welding concerns on these frames and would like to hear more info on that. I have only plasma cut and tacked in a C-notch for my gas tank filler and it appeared to be like any other mild steel that I have welded.
Last edited by R-Bo; 10/10/2013 12:51 PM.