So I just finished the drivers side Kingpin and new disc brake kit from Speedway Motors. Very impressive kit with heavy duty brackets. Everything for 249.00! I thought it would be junk.
Hers the question. The spindle nut goes on much further than the old hubs. The cotter pin hole is too far out at the tip. Can't I drill a second hole so that the nut won't back away? I wouldnt think the integrity would be compromised.
Any thoughts here?
By the way, very first kingpin install for me. Took about 3 hrs for one side but it was a learning experience. I think other side should take less than 2.
Interesting thing was, just like has been written here many times, was lack of grease by previous owners. You could see the top was silver shiny, bottom was rusty and pitted and was worn, obviously where the play was when pushing tire at 12-6. It's awesome now. I will grease them from now on with front jacked up as noted here. Thanks all...