| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (rfs56trk, 50Chevy3100, 3800GUY, cmayna, Donf, Barry Martak, Peggy M, Lightholder's Dad, 1 invisible),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,461 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 | I reset the carb & timing on my 49 216 tonight w/the vaccum gauge and this time I didn't retard the timing an inch as recommended and the truck runs a whole lot better. I didn't get any valve pinging under load so it seems to be happy with quite a bit of advance. The BB is nearly out of site in the timing hole.
Another issue I cleared up had to do w/the aftermarket air cleaner element I tried. Ends up it was too restrictive. The engine likes the OEM wiremesh much better. I'm looking to replace it w/an oil bath.
I'm also sold on useing the vaccum gauge method to tune single carb'ed engines. | | |
| |
| |